Since Cold Iron's release last January, James and I have been blown away by all the positive reviews, comments and posts. But we've also been scouring each one for ideas and suggestions on how to improve Cold Iron and make it the premier Wild West experience. Which leads us to today's Wild Card Update!
With this update, we're giving gunslingers everywhere more ways to play Cold Iron. That means new game modes, difficulty options, a rewards system with tons of new unlockables, and countless behind-the-scenes improvements to graphics, menus, scoring, and controls.
Here's the full list of what you'll find in the Wild Card Update. You'll notice it's numbered because... We don't waste bullets 'round these parts.
- NEW: EXHIBITION MODE--Duel against individual opponents with the ability to quickly retry the same opponent if you lose.
- NEW: TRAINING MODE--Play four new games to hone your gunslinging skills.
- NEW: SHOOTOUT (TRAINING)--Shoot outlaws that appear from behind cover, but be careful not to shoot innocents!
- NEW: JUGGLER'S QUEST (TRAINING)--Shoot bottles and cans that rain from the sky. Make it to the end and defeat the boss to win.
- NEW: ENDLESS SHOOTOUT (TRAINING)--Outlaws appear faster and faster the more you shoot. The game ends when you shoot an innocent.
- NEW: JUGGLE FOREVER (TRAINING)--More cans are added as time passes. The game ends when anything touches the ground.
- NEW: HARDCORE MODE--For serious gunslingers only! Enabling this option limits you to six bullets per round and forces you to holster the gun at your hip and cock it before firing.
- NEW: DIFFICULTY OPTIONS--Adjust the difficulty level in Exhibition Mode and Juggler's Quest.
- NEW: PRIZES--Earn points for dueling, training, and discovering secrets. Spend points to unlock new guns, alternate gun sounds, and saloon decorations.
- NEW: EASTER EGGS
- IMPROVED: MENUS--Get a better look at the statues you've unlocked. All of our menus have been re-designed to be prettier and more informative.
- IMPROVED: OPTIONS--In addition to Hardcore Mode, you now have the option of automatically skipping all cutscenes.
- IMPROVED: GRAPHICS--Cold Iron is smoother and higher resolution than ever on both PS4 and PS4 Pro.
- IMPROVED: CONTROLS--You can now use the Move button to cock the gun on PS4.
- IMPROVED: SCORING--Base scores for several duels were re-calculated based on player feedback. There's gold in them duels!
- FIXED: You can now skip the mini-cutscene between the 10th and 11th duels in Campaign Mode.
- FIXED: Fixed a rare holster UI bug.
And of course we're doing it all for free. The Wild Card Update is available as an automatic download for Cold Iron players across all platforms.
Matthew and James